To visit the Greenford or Acton recycling centres, you must book a slot in advance. Only cars, motorcycles and cyclists are able to enter the site. You must bring photo ID and proof of residence when visiting.
The weighbridge at the Greenford HWRC is out of service due to technical faults. Residents with cars can still visit the Greenford site to dispose of waste and recycling. However, residents disposing of DIY waste, users of Vans and larger vehicles and commercial customers are advised to temporarily use the Brent Abbey Road, Recycling Centre. Please make a booking at the Brent booking page here before your visit.
Normal rules are in place for chargeable waste materials, including DIY waste and for deposit for three or more mattresses chargeable waste
At Acton (Stirling Road) no vans are allowed on the site, domestic or commercial and no commercial or business waste is accepted.
If your preferred date is not available why not look at booking a bulky waste collection instead www.westlondonbulkywaste.com or an Ealing bulky waste collection.
Cars are only permitted on site for a maximum of 15 minutes. Vans are only permitted on site for a maximum of 30 minutes.
Your slot will be forfeit if you arrive more than 10 minutes late and will have to re-book. If you booked a slot for a car and you arrive in a van, you will not be permitted on site. Please note at Greenford, that there is a height restriction of 5ft 11 inches or 1.80 metres. Any cars above this height will need to enter the site via the weighbridge.
Our booking process allows:
Up to two booking slots per household per week. This is open to review and may change.
You can only book up to two weeks in advance. New slots are added every day, so if you are unable to book please keep checking back.
You are now able to amend time and date on your booking. Please use the modify link in your email or click here
You can cancel your booking here. You must cancel if you are unable to attend.
If there are any issues with booking, please call 020 8825 6000
Social distancing measures are in place at Ealing Council's HRRC's for the safety of both staff and members of the public. You must observe the site rules and the instructions of our staff at all times. If these rules are not followed, you will be asked to leave the site without exceptions.
We have a zero tolerance approach to verbal and physical abuse of our staff. Please respect our staff who are working hard in these difficult times to make this facility available to you.
All who attend the site are required to be aware of government guidelines on social distancing, which can be found by following this link UK Govt Covid-19
Before you arrive, please take some time to read our rules:
SOCIAL DISTANCING RELATED SITE RULES:
Do not enter the site if you or any members of your households have been experiencing any dry coughs, fever or any COVID-19 related symptoms in the last 14 days
- Follow social distancing ground markers to ensure you stay 2 metres apart from others, with the exception of members from your party
- Unload the vehicle yourself – if you can’t lift it then take it home or book a waste collection through your Council or westlondonbulkywaste.com. No manual handling assistance will be available. For other help, please stand by your vehicle and raise your hand.
- Number of vehicles and a 15 minutes time limit for each car and 30 minutes for each van per visit will be strictly enforced on site. The limit starts when you have parked up inside the site. Please segregate your waste to make the most use of your limited time on site.
- Only two adults are permitted to leave each vehicle. Children and animals must stay within vehicles at all times.
- Card payments are accepted and we encourage contactless payments for chargeable entries and usage.
- Wash your hands before and after your visit
Normal rules are in place for chargeable waste materials, including DIY waste and for deposit for two or more mattresses Chargeable waste
If you need any further information, please see our FAQs
For any enquiries or if you need assistance, please call 0208 825 6000.
Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you to Ealing Council’s Household Reuse and Recycling Centre.